As a tie-in with their new line of ‘Mixed & Ready’ drinks, Canadian Club is looking for undiscovered bands to mix it up and cover some good ol’ Canadian songs – and the prizes are appetizing. Are you ready to refresh your summer with the Canadian Club Mixed & Ready Cover Challenge?
– If you have a band (or some friends you can jam with), take one of these five songs…
… do your unique take on it, and upload your video online and head over here to submit it: http://www.facebook.com/CanadianClubCanada
– You have between now and August 27th to get your entry in AND to get any votes in (winners will be chosen based on votes collected (25%) and judging panel scores (75%) – the contest is currently in full swing, so don’t procrastinate!
– Three demo songs recorded, mixed, and mastered in Toronto
– $3000 for transit to Toronto, or gear
– Voters get a prize too: Two Ticketmaster gift cards (valued at $300)
– Eligible voters and bands must be of legal drinking age and residents of Canada, excluding Quebec.
– Deadline for submissions and voting is August 27, 2012 with the judging period following this date. The winning band will be announced on September 13, 2012.
– For more information, please refer to the Facebook page.
Thank you to Canadian Club for the heads up about the contest, and a stellar idea to promote Canadian music. Also a big thanks for the care package – we’ll be enjoying the goodies and the entries for the Mixed & Ready Cover Challenge!